Is there a 32 bit version of this game?
Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Save Falafel from the Puppet Panics in over 100 levels of puzzle mayhem!
Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory® is a puzzle game that has been described as “a combination between Pac-Man and chess”. Guide the adventurous Ayla as she attempts to rescue her dog, Falafel, from the confines of a mysterious towering laboratory deep within a solitary forest. Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory combines puzzle and strategy elements with an engaging storyline full of memorable characters and biting humor.
- Over 100 puzzles: Can you beat Dr. Kobushi's tower? Over 100 thought-provoking puzzles will challenge your creativity and insight.
- Meet new frenemies: Anton, Maurice, Janine and Clowes are the Puppet Panics, a gang of robotic puppets created by Dr. Kobushi to surveil his tower. Get to know them, solve their puzzles and show them who's boss!
- Innovative and classic mechanics: Puzzles mix innovative mechanics, such as entangled blocks, with four different types of robot enemies as well as classic dungeon mechanics you've come to know from, for example, the Zelda series.
- Challenging for adults, accessible for kids: Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory offers highly challenging puzzles even for puzzle game veterans, while adopting a style that makes it great for younger players (who might appreciate receiving puzzle hints from older friends or family members!)
- Original chiptune soundtrack by Fearofdark!
- “Do you like your puzzle games hard? How about "PhD in cryptography" hard?” — IGN
- “One of the toughest puzzle games I've played in years... and I've loved it.” — 8.5/10, Higher Plain Games
- “I can without a doubt highly recommend this game to all puzzle and strategic types of players. I can’t wait to complete it myself and reveal all the secrets it has to offer.” — Two Thumbs Up, LadiesGamers
- “Deeply complex, challenging puzzles, real head-scratchers... I'm thrilled by the presentation, the writing, the challenge, the music, the characterization, everything.” — 2 Left Thumbs
Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory's original soundtrack, composed by Fearofdark, is now available on Bandcamp as well as all major streaming services, including Apple Music and Spotify.
Our Discord is a great place to chat! Share your thoughts about the gameplay, dialog, and maybe get a hint in a puzzle you're stuck at!
Also, Follow us on Twitter to stay updated with the latest project news, events and other stuff we share on a regular basis.
Copyright © 2022 Symbolic Software. All Rights Reserved. “Dr. Kobushi” and “Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory” are registered trademarks of Symbolic Software.
|Windows, macOS, Linux
|Sep 15, 2022
|2D, 8-Bit, Funny, Pixel Art, Retro, Singleplayer, Story Rich
|About a half-hour
|Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller, Joy-Con
|Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, High-contrast, Interactive tutorial
|Steam, Homepage, Twitter, Discord, Steam
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Also available on
- Pledging One Year of Puzzle Game Revenue to Aid for GazaOct 27, 2023
- Unlock the Puzzles of Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory for FREE This Week o...May 29, 2023
- Update Notes for October 10Oct 10, 2022
- Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory is OUT NOW!Sep 15, 2022
- New Launch Trailer + Early Access + Wallpapers!Aug 26, 2022
- Release Date Announcement (and more!)Jul 26, 2022
- Live from Warsaw! We're at Pixel Heaven 2022!Jun 11, 2022
- Demo v1.2 releasedMay 10, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hello, That’s a surprising request! No 32-bit version currently exists, but I’m curious to know what it would be needed for.
takes me back to the gamehouse era. looks like this game was heavily inspired by mummy maze, or maybe GH isnt the first, and mummy maze is also based on something else.
Anyway, the game is quite fun so far, but i kinda struggle with it, its not as casual as i thought it gonna be. i'll try to beat it when i have the time
I normally find these games annoying but the characters keep me entertained and I like them. there pretty funny too. The fun interactions with these puppet characters kept me company as I'm suffering through puzzles and it makes me like puzzle games.
This game better then the other puzzle games. I love it.
I have beaten the game! It was really great!
However, when I try to collect the last gem I missed and go to the other stage, it goes back to the uncollected state..
I'm so stoked to see FearOfDark making music for games again! Love the soundtrack and the game is amazing!
is there volume control? I'm not seeing a menu option for it
Not right now. Do you think we should add it?
I love the game, it's really entertaining also, the music is too good <3
its too hard for me ;-;
agh.. puzzles.. hate puzzles...
Really good game. Challenging puzzles. The game's design and sound have something ancient and sacred.
Okay not gonna lie I love this games puzzles and the chiptune reminds me of the Gameboy the layout the format the design the script it's all really good love the game
A modern update on the classic "Chip's Challenge". This game seriously brings back nostalgia from my younger days. Good work.