Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Save Falafel from the Puppet Panics in over 100 levels of puzzle mayhem!
- “Do you like your puzzle games hard? How about "PhD in cryptography" hard?” — IGN
- “One of the toughest puzzle games I've played in years... and I've loved it.” — 8.5/10, Higher Plain Games
- “I can without a doubt highly recommend this game to all puzzle and strategic types of players. I can’t wait to complete it myself and reveal all the secrets it has to offer.” — Two Thumbs Up, LadiesGamers
- “Deeply complex, challenging puzzles, real head-scratchers... I'm thrilled by the presentation, the writing, the challenge, the music, the characterization, everything.” — 2 Left Thumbs
Available on Steam!
Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory® is a puzzle game that has been described as “a combination between Pac-Man and chess”. Guide the adventurous Ayla as she attempts to rescue her dog, Falafel, from the confines of a mysterious towering laboratory deep within a solitary forest. Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory combines puzzle and strategy elements with an engaging storyline full of memorable characters and biting humor.
- Over 100 puzzles: Can you beat Dr. Kobushi's tower? Over 100 thought-provoking puzzles will challenge your creativity and insight.
- Meet new frenemies: Anton, Maurice, Janine and Clowes are the Puppet Panics, a gang of robotic puppets created by Dr. Kobushi to surveil his tower. Get to know them, solve their puzzles and show them who's boss!
- Innovative and classic mechanics: Puzzles mix innovative mechanics, such as entangled blocks, with four different types of robot enemies as well as classic dungeon mechanics you've come to know from, for example, the Zelda series.
- Challenging for adults, accessible for kids: Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory offers highly challenging puzzles even for puzzle game veterans, while adopting a style that makes it great for younger players (who might appreciate receiving puzzle hints from older friends or family members!)
- Original chiptune soundtrack by Fearofdark!
Original Soundtrack Now Available!Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory's original soundtrack, composed by Fearofdark, is now available on Bandcamp as well as all major streaming services, including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Nadim Kobeissi: Gameplay, story, design, characters, concept, programming, direction.
- E. Gökçe Çimen: Graphics. With assistance from Piotr Wronarowicz.
- Fearofdark: Music.
- Collateral Damage Studios: Character illustrations.
- Akash Thakkar: Sounds.
Our Discord is a great place to chat! Share your thoughts about the gameplay, dialog, and maybe get a hint in a puzzle you're stuck at!
Also, Follow us on Twitter to stay updated with the latest project news, events and other stuff we share on a regular basis.
Copyright © 2022 Symbolic Software. All Rights Reserved. “Dr. Kobushi” and “Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory” are registered trademarks of Symbolic Software.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Sep 15, 2022|
|Tags||2D, 8-Bit, Funny, Pixel Art, Retro, Singleplayer, Story Rich|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller, Joy-Con|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, High-contrast, Interactive tutorial|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Twitter, Discord, Steam|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Update Notes for October 10Oct 10, 2022
- Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory is OUT NOW!Sep 15, 2022
- New Launch Trailer + Early Access + Wallpapers!Aug 26, 2022
- Release Date Announcement (and more!)Jul 26, 2022
- Live from Warsaw! We're at Pixel Heaven 2022!Jun 11, 2022
- Demo v1.2 releasedMay 10, 2022
- Demo build 1.1b4 uploadedMay 08, 2022
- Demo 1.0b3 is up!May 08, 2022